Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Beware Of Health Clinics Pushing Credit Cards

Some consumers signed up without their knowledge

By Mark Huffman, ConsumerAffairs.com
Health care credit cards are designed to help consumers pay for uninsured health costs. They're supposed to be a better deal than regular credit cards, but they seem to draw the same kinds of complaints from consumers.

Amanda, of Newnan, Georgia, got a GE Money CareCredit card nearly two years ago to finance some extensive dental work. The terms were excellent - pay it off in 24 months and there would be no interest charges. She says she rapidly paid down the balance.

"I received a letter in February stating they were reducing my credit limit from $4,000 to $1,000 because of my credit score," she told ConsumerAffairs.com. "Well my credit score hadn't changed until they closed my account."

FOR COMPLETE STORY, PLEASE CLICK HERE.



~Sandy G.



No comments: